Yumi has been using IntegraSys DSD Manager to manage its route sales and accounting operations since 2004, and began using the Apacheta RouteACE mobile DSD application to automate and streamline its delivery operations in 2011. Striving to maintain its technological leadership in the market, Yumi looked to provide its Territory Sales Managers with additional and more effective sales tools on a tablet devices allowing them to leave binders of printed price lists, planograms, and product information behind.
With IntegraSys’ DSD Manager providing the core of Yumi’s back office operation, the company was keen to stick with a proven solution and needed a mobile application that integrated tightly with DSD Manager.
Since Yumi was already using Apacheta RouteACE for its direct store delivery, the Pre-sales iPad App from Apacheta and IntegraSys was a natural fit.
With the Pre-sales iPad App Yumi can:
• View daily stop list and customers off route
• Access customer information, open accounts receivable, promotions, and download pre-populated order templates
• Receive alerts when a customer is on credit hold, with the ability to bypass using a security code
• Scan items, order only authorized products, order cases, units or both, and process returns, buybacks and samples with reason codes
• View sales history with quantities and prices, and track quantity and dollar totals while placing orders
• Collect electronic signatures and email a copy of the order to the customer or print to a wireless printer via AirPrint
• Conduct end-of-day settlements
• Integrate with Google Maps for GPS driving directions from stop-to-stop
Yumi rolled out the iPad Pre-sales application in early 2014 to 50 Territory Sales Managers. Because the TSMs were already familiar with the Apacheta RouteACE presales application on the Windows Mobile device, after a few tweaks, the transition was nearly seamless. TSMs participated in a short 2 to 3 hour training session and hit the road. Approximately 80 percent of the TSMs had no questions at all and other questions were fielded for two to three days and it has been smooth sailing ever since.
The Results: Less Time Answering Questions, More Time Selling and Managing
Yumi has received some clear benefits by moving to the iPad-based solution. First, sales managers used to spend 80 percent of their time fielding questions from TSMs regarding pricing, products and customers. With this information up-to-date and readily available on the iPad, this has dropped to only 20 percent. This means that managers have more time to develop strategic sales plans and spend less time on sales support. Plus, the TSMs are spending less of their time asking the questions, giving more face time with customers to deliver superior service.
Next, the TSMs are able to move through their mobile workflows more quickly, allowing them to visit more customers per day. With each route growing 20 percent to 30 percent in the last year, adding more customers and products per route, it is important that Yumi is able to service customers quickly and professionally.
Finally, the new system requires less of an IT investment in capital investment and time. The iPad minis are significantly less expensive than the formerly used rugged devices and, because they have been so reliable, very few need to be kept on hand to replace/swap inoperable units. In the past, when a unit wasn’t working, the TSM would drive 30 to 60 minutes into the office to have it fixed or replaced, costing valuable sales and IT time. In addition, the devices are more reliable and intuitive so IT spends significantly less time on technical support, freeing them up to implement new technologies.
Sell/Trade Old Hardware
- 02 Aug 2018DSD Manager® application now available in the Cloud
- 27 Jun 2018New iPhone DSD App
- 16 Apr 2018Made4net and IntegraSys Empower New England Ice Cream to Maximize Operations
- 27 Jan 2017IntegraSys celebrates 20 years!
- 21 Sep 2016Florida Snack Food Distributor and Integrasys featured in Honeywell Case Study